MixBytes Tank is a tool for blockchain stability and performance benchmarking. It will allow to identify bottlenecks and pain points of the project, report the results and offer recommendations. The tool will be suitable for multiple benchmarking of new blockchain versions.
As a team of blockchain engineers, we have tried to take into account the requirements that are valuable to blockchain developer teams during performance benchmarking.
- Open-source solution
- Multiple benchmarking options (different precision rate, timing and load profiles): smoke tests, massively parallel benchmarking, massively parallel geographically distributed benchmarking.
- Various load profiles written in js: simple cryptocurrency transactions, complex smart contract operations, etc.
- Using visualization tools (like Grafana) as a convenient tool for metric collection, display, analysis and download. Key blockchain metrics : throughput, block latency, finality latency, resource usage. Separate statistics with the most insightful indicators such as 99 percentiles.
- Ready-to-use code: an automated stand for recurrent benchmarking allowing to assess quality rate, test releases, etc.
- Minimal cloud resource consumption due to automated network deployment and shutdown.